CCAC DEALER TRAINING SCHOOL
CCAC has partnered with Rivers Casino to offer Dealer training classes. Most new dealers need the introductory class: BlackJack/ Banked games. Students will also be tested for math and language skills at the first class. This class is 100 hours of training and provide the basis for new dealers to be employable at the PA casinos. This course includes instruction in blackjack, 3 and 4 card poker, Let it Ride, Mississippi slide and Big 6 Wheel. This course and all the dealer classes are offered at the CCAC Allegheny Campus in the dealer school located in the Library Building room 112L.
Part of the approved, PGCB curriculum involves being auditioned to test skills that are achieved. Currently, CCAC partners with the Rivers Casino and they complete the audition throughout the class. If Rivers Casino finds the student is a viable candidate, conditional job offers are made to these individuals.
- Go to https://www.ccac.edu/Casino.aspx for a schedule of classes
- Call 412.788. 7537 to register and pay
- Cost: Blackjack/Banked Games – $595;
Rivers Casino Dealer School Scholarship
For individuals needing financial assistance paying for CCAC Dealer Training School, the Rivers Casino Dealer School Scholarship was established in 2017 thanks to a generous donation from Rivers Casino.
The selection of scholarship recipients is made by the CCAC Educational Foundation Scholarship Review Committee. Awards may be used for tuition, fees and all other education related expenses associated with the Blackjack/Banked Games course offered at CCAC.
Scholarship recipients will be evaluated before the next scheduled Blackjack/Banked Games course.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not be currently employed by Rivers Casino Pittsburgh or any other Rush Street Gaming property
- Must have submitted an employment application for Dealer School Student at careersatriverscasino.com and successfully passed the prescreening interview with Rivers Casino HR
- Submit an employment application for Dealer School Student at careersatriverscasino.com
- Submit an electronic scholarship application request online
- Successfully complete the HR pre-screening process including passing of a math test administered during the prescreening process
- Be recommended by Rivers Casino HR to the CCAC Educational Foundation Scholarship Review Committee
DEADLINE: All scholarship applications must be received at least 10 business days before the scheduled Blackjack/Banked Games course. For a list of currently scheduled Blackjack/Banked Games classes, please visit: https://www.ccac.edu/Casino.aspx
SELECTION: Applications will be reviewed by the CCAC Educational Foundation Scholarship Review Committee. The decision of the committee is final.
NOTIFICATION: Recipients will be notified by CCAC at least 1 day prior to the start of the scheduled Blackjack/Banked Games course if they have been accepted to receive the scholarship.